Monday 2 December 2013

Not long to go!

Haven't blogged in a while, I've spent most of my time since Tignes working, (run up to christmas in retail is a nightmare!) and in the gym. My sessions in the gym have mostly been focussing on strength and power, two things I consider to be my weaknesses, just hope the work pays off!

This weekend I went up to Chill Factore in Manchester to train with the Welsh team. The Saturday afternoon was spent free skiing with a few drills and video then  followed by a short fitness test. It was then an early start on the Sunday morning for some more drills and some runs in stubbies and gates. Although it was a good 4-5 hour drive each way, it was a good opportunity to get back on the skis and try out some new moves.

It's less than 2 weeks until I fly out to Les Houches to get the season started. Having watched the ladies racing in Beaver Creek at the weekend and seeing Mikaela Shiffrin, and Lara Gut's amazing performances I'm now inspired and excited! 

 A motivational quote for the season!

Thanks to Racer Ready for this photo from the English Championship GS last year!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment