Friday 25 October 2013

Last day in the gates..

The GS skis are unfortunately travel waxed and are ready to return home. So, onto the slalom skis it is! Having skied lots of slalom over the summer on indoor and on dry slope, I was feeling a lot more comfortable on the shorter skis. 


Yesterday I spent a lot of time working on my free skiing and experimenting with the transition and start of the turn. Towards the end of the morning we skied stubbies, the soft snow conditions meant the course rutted pretty quickly, adding the extra challenge. Taking positives from the day, I made some good changes to my line and attacked each run.

We finished off the day with another short sprint and bounding session down in the sports centre in Tignes. Having a head to head and relay race through an obstacle course involving hurdles, cones and boxes.

Today we again had beautiful conditions, however still slightly soft under foot. We moved onto full gates today. I managed to get in 7 full runs of 43 gates before lunch. Hard work but definitely worth it!

Tomorrow we're aiming to cram in some slalom free skiing, before a number of us fly home. I wish I was staying out to go to Les Deux Alpes, but I have to go back to work....

Now to start the packing....

1 comment:

  1. Well Done Nia...Great Blog - good to hear what is going on. Only wish I could get Kieran to do likewise!!! NOT A CHANCE !!

    ReplyDelete