Saturday 21 December 2013

First races of the season!

Due to snow conditions and race quotas our race plans all changed last minute. We were originally all set to go to La Plagne, but there weren't enough race slots for the team. Then the races in Lizzola in Italy were cancelled so we ended up in Passo San Pellegrino for 2 Citizen slaloms. 

On the Wednesday morning we did a couple of hours of slalom gate training before the van was quickly packed for a 6 hour drive to Italy. 

Due to the Winter Universiade 2013 being held in Trentino just down the valley, the standard of the girls racing on the Thursday was really high. With national teams from Russia, Serbia and Czech Republic, lowest seed was on 13 FIS points. 

Unfortunately I didn't finished the first run on the Thursday, I was happy with how I attacked the top section but hip slid on the steeper pitch. 

Yesterday, I wasn't really happy with my performance. I skied solid, but too safe. I'm currently struggling with my race attitude and finding the balance between going all out and not completing or skiing safe but technically well. However, for the first race of the season with a small amount of training I think I can look at the positives. 

Back to hospital on Monday to see another therapist about my thumb which I injured again on the first run yesterday. Fingers crossed its nothing too serious and they can make me a better cast!

Now to enjoy christmas before I go back to Les Houches on the 29th!

Merry Christmas! 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment