Friday 31 January 2014

Back on the skis!

After my crash on Monday I was forced to take 2 days off skiing to recover. Being at BSA and not being able to ski is torture! Definitely think the days off we're needed though!

Yesterday I got back on my slalom skis, we focused mainly on our free skiing but managed to get a few runs in the gates. Free skiing turns are starting to feel pretty good, just need to transfer it into the gates! Some of us went up in the afternoon to get some more gate training in but just after we set the course the lift broke! The cable had come off so we had to walk back to the top so the course was pulled and I took one of the minis free skiing instead. 
(Broken lift)


Today we trained on the stade chamois and did a BSA fun race through some stubbies with the minis and children. 

(Me and Jazzy Butcher racing today)

I'm currently preparing for two slalom races in Combloux this weekend, I've never raced there before but I'm so excited. I definitely have enough snacks for the hill thanks to Bounce Foods! Peanut protein blast will keep me going all day!! It's easy to just eat sugary foods like sweets and chocolate on race days to keep your energy levels high. These are all completely natural, gluten free, have no added sugar and are high in protein! Perfect!




Also a HUGE well done to my little sister Megs who was racing with the U16 British Alpine Ski Team in Andorra! Managed to pick up 3 medals - two 2nd and a 4th!

(Meg on the podium in 2nd place in the Super G)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment