Tuesday 6 October 2015

New start...

It's been over two years since I finished studying full time, I had a great seasons of almost full time racing. In September I finally took up my place at the University of Manchester. I'm now studying for a BA in French and Business Management. I'm extremely fortunate to have been awarded a scholarship by SPORTmanchester which will allow me to continue with my ski racing career alongside my studies. It will help me to manage my time studying and training and they provide me with strength and conditioning coaching ans physio - things I have never had full access to before!

I will be competing for the university this year on the British BUCS series as well as training with the British Ski Academy. The next camp for me will be in Canada. I'm extremely excited, as it will be my first time skiing and competing outside of Europe. There are some amazing training opportunities while i'll out there and plenty of FIS starts! 

I'm extremely grateful to have continued support from Bounce Balls, POC Sports (2Pure Active), Reusch UK and X Bionic but I'm still looking for help and support for this season, balancing student life with a competitive sports career is never easy! So if anyone out there is interested in what i'm doing and wants to help or knows anyone who would please get in contact! 

I'll try to keep you updated with everything ski related! While trying to remember how to study!

Keep updated by Twitter: niajenkins
Instagram: niajenkins
LinkedIn: Nia Jenkins ( https://uk.linkedin.com/in/niajenkins )

No comments:

Post a Comment